Birth to 1 Year - How to Manage Your Babys Skin Microbiome
Microbiome: What is it?
It’s no secret that the journey to motherhood is a long road that doesn’t stop with the birth of your tiniest bundle of joy. There’s a lot that goes into the care of your baby, especially in the first year! We know how many questions you have about keeping your baby happy and healthy and we know how overwhelming it can be with all the resources out there. And that’s why we’re here to help! Whether or not you’re a first-time mama, we want to make your transition into motherhood as seamless as possible.
Naturally, one of the most-asked questions is, “How do I keep my baby’s skin healthy?” That’s a great question! As we know, the skin is the largest organ on the human body and taking care of it is so important. The microbiome is a big word that essentially means the ecosystem where bacteria and germs collect. Oftentimes when we refer to “microbiome” for babies, we’re referring to their gut health but in this case we want to tackle how to take care of their skin microbiome.
When your baby is first born, it’s a huge adjustment for their little body. They go from being fully dependent on their mama to having to adjust to big changes, like exposure to bacteria and UV rays from the sun and everything else that goes along with being human. While they’re newborns they’re highly susceptible to all of the outside exposures you and I are used to, so taking care of your baby’s skin is highly important, especially when they’re still developing their immune system.
Luckily, we’ve got some tips and tricks to keep your baby’s skin soft and healthy!
Five Tricks For Maintaining Your Baby’s Skin Microbiome
- Our number one tip for taking care of your baby’s skin is using products that are natural and paraben-free to keep your baby’s skin healthy and free of irritation. From diapers to baby wipes to formula to baby powder, you want to make sure that all of the products that are coming in contact with your little one’s skin are as natural as possible.
- Regularly changing their diaper. Yes, that’s correct. Extended periods of time between diaper changes can cause diaper rash, which makes for one unhappy baby. Diaper rash is something that will happen for every baby, but you can cut down on the amount of times it happens by regular diaper changes.
- Bathing only with a baby wash that’s gentle on their skin and toxin-free. We recommend steering clear of any baby wash that’s loaded down with unnecessary fragrances and chemicals as it can irritate your baby’s already sensitive skin.
- Sunscreen any time your baby is outside for extended periods of time. Sunscreen is every new mom’s best friend, especially when they’re having to expose their baby to UV rays for the first time. Being consistent with applying sunscreen is so important.
- Stay consistent. If you’re using products that are working for your baby, keep it up! While trying new things can be a positive thing, oftentimes a change in routine can directly impact your baby. It’s important to find products that work for you and your baby and stay consistent with them.
What NOLEO® Can Do To Help
NOLEO® specializes in making babies happy and healthy through toxin-free skin products for your little ones. From our 3-in-1 diaper cream to our soothing diaper wipes, we’re guaranteed to be amongst your baby’s favorite products. We use only the best, most-natural products to support your baby’s skin health. Our goal is to make your job a little bit easier and put your mind at ease about the health of your baby’s skin. We know how important your baby’s health and happiness is and we’re always coming up with ways to better support you and your little one.
In Conclusion: You’ve got this!
At the end of the day, the best advice for any mama is to ask lots of questions, do your research, and use your own intuition to make the best, healthiest choice for your baby. With a little bit of time and dedication, you’ll be a pro at taking care of your baby’s skin. You’ve got this, mama!
Leave a comment